On September 10th, 2018 the RIJEKA SPORTS ASSOCIATION FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES organized a lecture about the importance of swimming for persons with disabilities. The persons with disabilities who attended will have the chance to apply the knowledge gained in their own, but also in the lives of their friends. Besides them, the lecture was attended by kinesiologists and trainers who work with persons with disabilities.
- After the theoretical part, a tour of the pool followed.
- The attendees acquainted themselves with the surroundings and the opportunities for work in the pool.
- Bearing in mind that more and more pupils and students with disabilities are being included into educational institutions and organizations of young people without disabilities and are getting into the sporting activities, the professors and trainers are dealing with the problem of insufficient education regarding inclusive sports. The goal of the project ‘Sports training for all’ – ST4ALL is, therefore, to educate professors and trainers about organizing inclusive sporting activities. It is considered that it is precisely these types of activities that could be crucial for the inclusion into the community at large.
- Eight partners are taking part in the project ‘Sports training for all’ – ST4ALL, coming from these countries: Bulgaria, Turkey, Belgium and Austria and Croatia. The main partner of the project is the University of Plovdiv, Paisii Hilendarski from Bulgaria, while Croatia is represented by the Rijeka Sports Association for Persons with Disabilities.
- The budget of the project ‘Sports training for all’ – ST4ALL is 355 643 euros, and is co-financed by the EU through the programme Erasmus + Sport – Collaborative Partnership. The period for costs permissibility lasts from January 1st, 2018 until June 30th, 2020.